Monday, January 26, 2015

Currently - January 2015 Edition

I really wanted to start blogging again on January 1st but clearly that goal got away from me although I did do a year-end recap last week!   I may have forgotten HOW to even blog, so here is a jump start….


Reading: Confessions of a Wild Child by Jackie Collins; Twisted Sisters by Jen Lancaster; and Still Alice by Lisa Genova. The first two are light reading and the third is definitely more serious as it involves a woman with early onset Alzheimers. I understand it is also a movie. I’ve also been consulting my Little Giant Encyclopedia of the Zodiac & testing it out on my friends. It is amazingly accurate.
 Anyhow yes, I am reading 3 works of fiction. I sort of have a routine where I read the Jackie Collins book on my lunch hour, Twisted Sisters on the elliptical ( I know what you’re thinking - don’t say don’t read and exercise; I have to distract myself and it is better than sitting on the couch!), and Still Alice before I fall asleep at night. Maybe not the best choice for a relaxing night’s sleep. But my books are in constant rotation—there will be another book added into the mix before you know it. I am not sure how I got into reading multiple books. I used to read one book at a time, but I think my brain is just too scattered to be that focused anymore. Multi-task!


Loving: Something as simple as the fact that it is staying light longer and it will be February this weekend. One step closer to spring. Although my dad told me to never wish my life away so I do try to appreciate each day for what it is, even if it is 20 below zero. But hopefully, we are done with that!
 
Thinking: My mind is constantly thinking; sometimes I really just want to turn it off. I found an app called Smiling Mind, a meditation app for my phone.  


Frustrated: If I am frustrated with anyone, it is myself. Enough said.


Feeling: Positive and hopeful about 2015.   I really am!


Anticipating: Super excited for the Super Bowl. It has my team, the Seahawks, and my husband’s team, the Patriots. I may file for divorce before this week is over—joking!! But we have had some pretty heated arguments about Deflate-Gate.


Watching: I have been going to the movies by myself every Friday afternoon. I have recently seen Big Eyes with Amy Adams (loved) and The Boy Next Door with Jennifer Lopez (held my interest). Not sure about this Friday - maybe the Loft only because I think James Marsden is so cute. As far as TV, not really watching anything except Mad Men on early Sunday mornings. Can’t wait til it comes back for the final episodes in April.


Sad: Nothing can really make me that sad unless I see a sad story about an animal and so I really have to avoid those! Otherwise, I am basically happy and don’t let that much get me down.


Working. At my office job as a receptionist extraordinaire. But I keep thinking I should be doing something more. Personal shopper would be perfect. Or interior designer Or writer.
Grateful: I am grateful for the usual things, great friends, sweet pets and lots of clothes. Kidding. Kind of. No, I really am grateful for my collection of clothes; might as well be honest!


Listening To: Meghan Trainor and Taylor Swift—mainstream pop. But I could go in another direction on a whim.


Wishing: Can’t tell you my wish or it won’t come true! But it’s a good one ;-)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading whats going on with You... It does make my day.... Have a great week!!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I loved Still Alice. It's one of my favorite books, but it was so very sad to read especially since Phil's dad pass away from Alzheimer's. I really want to see the movie. Speaking of movies, I love your tradition of seeing movies on Friday afternoons! How fun!

Gina said...

I'd like to read Still Alice. I love that you go to the movies solo; i'm hoping to try it soon. Happy Monday evening :)