Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend

Happy Monday! The Easter holiday weekend was pretty groovy. I was excited for two things – brunch at Bonefish Grill and the return of Mad Men!

Good Friday was my usual half day. I spent the afternoon at Spalon getting a pedicure – I chose a color called Lobster Roll but I read it as Lobster Tail. I think I will still call it Lobster Tail. Florida is less than three weeks away, so I will probably get another pedicure in Florida. I found a spa down there called Beach Ready – I plan to visit!


Friday night I talked Eric into pizza and wine at Doughboys, although we are trying to cut back on eating out before our trip. We have been semi-successful.

Saturday was my monthly hair date with Richard. He recently started working at the Uptown Hair District in Uptown Minneapolis. I will follow him wherever he goes. We have been friends for a really long time, back when he was a receptionist at another salon and not yet a stylist, and we bonded over our love of Louis Vuitton handbags.




Every day is a good hair day when you get a blow-out


Immediately following my hair appointment, I met one of my best friends, Donna, at People Organic Coffee and Wine Bar at the Galleria in Edina. We caught up on girl talk and planned our trip to New York City in June.

White Wine Flight!

Then finally Sunday was Easter. I had been so excited to eat at Bonefish again, but I was disappointed to find out they did not have the chocolate crème brulee this time that I fell in love with on Valentine’s Day. But they did have an Endless Bubbles Brunch that was an unlimited pouring of peach bellinis, mimosas and/or blackberry sangrias. That kind of made up for it.





At Bonefish for Easter Brunch

Right after brunch we went down the street to the movie theater to see Get Hard, the Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart movie. It was funny in a ridiculous and very dirty-minded kind of way, made even more funny by the bellinis and the glass of wine I had at the theater bar beforehand.



At the movies

Then home and FINALLY Mad Men! There was a marathon of Mad Men episodes beginning at 11:30 Saturday night right up to the new episode at 9:00 p.m. I admit I watched them off on and all day. I am "madly" (get it?)  in love with Roger, but not a big fan of his new mustache. Maybe I will get used to it? I would still make out with him!





I love Roger!

And that is it for my Easter weekend – I did not get an Easter basket this year so I kind of gathered up my own candy from Target on Saturday night when we were running errands – one Peep, one Cadbury Egg and two Russell Stover eggs in coconut and birthday cake.





Did you know the original Peeps had wings?


But I did get a beautiful card from my friend, Heidi. I like getting fun things in the mail!





A thoughtful and cute Easter card!


1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Sounds like a great Easter weekend! Your hair looks great! I wish I could get my hair to look as good as it does when my stylist does it. I have also followed her around to multiple salons. I'm a customer for life!

That is so exciting that you and Donna are going to NYC in June! I love that city!!